Google
 

Monday, April 16, 2007

The Lunatic Cafe


Book 4 of the Anita Blake Vampire Hunter Series

"You don't volunteer for slugfests with vampires. It shortens your life expectancy."

And you don't fall in love with a werewolf. It interferes with your work. Especially when you're a preternatural expert, like me. My business brings me up close and personal with all shapes and sizes of monsters. And not all of them want to kill me.

Take, for instance, the local pack of lycanthropes -- that's werewolves to you. A number of them are missing, and they've come to me for help. Maybe because I'm dating the leader of the pack. I've survived a lot -- from jealous vampires to killer zombies -- but this love thing may kill me yet...

---

The zombie-raising business gets slow in December, so Anita Blake is starting to see some oddball cases. She's got a neatly typed list of eight missing lycanthropes given to her by Marcus, the leader of the local werewolf pack, who wants her to find them. The trouble is, Anita's occasionally furry boyfriend Richard is locked in a power struggle with Marcus. Jean-Claude, master vampire of the city and Anita's other love interest, is getting jealous as well. To top it off, Anita has to solve some horrific murders and keep her bounty-hunting friend Edward from killing Richard and Jean-Claude.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This blog is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.
This is a Fan Site only. I am in no way affiliated with Laurell K. Hamilton or the Anita Blake Series.